Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

NEW FANGLED STUFF

Today I had to bite the bullet and replace my five-year old computer. It has been great as far as ease to use; it has been horrible as far as running smoothly. At 18 months, under extended warranty, it went back to the factory where they replaced the memory, hard drive, this and that, until I believe they could have sent me a coupon for a new computer--or some money back. And, for the last three months, it has been making the same kind of noises and moves and lockups that it did right before it crashed for good. Needless to say, I have downloaded all the necessary things, and did not go out looking at the same brand for replacement.

I purchased a Dell computer today with losts of memory and hard drive space. It will also be upgraded to Windows 7 when it is available. I hope it will run for as long as I do. LOL

Now if I can get that darned Word 2007 to magically become as easy to handle as Word 2003, I'll be one happy camper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home