Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Saturday, May 05, 2012

A Balanced Life

I think we all would like to have a more balanced life. Maybe you would like a little encouragement, a few suggestions on what you can do that might help you find that balance. Here's a few I've used when I'm out of sorts or feel like my life is really out of kilter.

Write a funny poem.
Try on hats.
Go to the zoo or a wild animal park.
Go to a park and swing with the kids.
Splash through a puddle.
Tend your garden.
Play special CD's.
Eat off your best dishes.
Try a new hairstyle.
Listen to the wind through the trees.
Get up early enough to see the sunrise.
Visit art galleries, make notes, write a poem about subject.
Bath by candlelight.
Take a long walk.
Pray or meditate.
Make those cards you've been saying you'd do.
Write a letter to someone you've been neglecting.
Call a friend who needs to hear your voice.


Tonight we went out an gazed at the largest moon in over 100 years; if that won't give you a good feeling, I don't know what will.

1 Comments:

Blogger kc heath said...

actually, that large moon kept me up all night, gave me the mumbly-grumbles, and put me out of sorts for days! ...needed your list here to get back to self.

Heard someone say, "When in doubt, consult your inner child." I like your list.

Will have to read your blog more often, huh? :)

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home