Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

TODAY IS/WAS A DOOZY

This day began with a slow steady rain which is always music to the ears of we water-thirsty residents of Southern California. It's still below normal in temperatures and the weather lady said tonight we can expect that, plus the rain, to continue through the weekend. I don't care (except for the fact that my friend is having a moving sale that I've been helping her price "treasures" for on Saturday)--the soft sound of a soaking rain is beautiful music.

Sometimes I wonder why I feel stressed. Then I look at some of one day's happenings. For example, I teach/lead a creative writing class that used to be free. But due to struggling cities, for the past two years we have been charged "rent" on the room we use in a Senior Center (all seniors in this class). That means that everyone, even the instructor, pays a fee for each class they attend. At the end of the month I write a check to the City for that rent. For the past month, I've had a person attend who is on "assistance" and told me today that he knows he's three weeks behind in his fee payment but he has no funds. On top of that, he brought one of his friends to attend who is in the same boat.

It is not fair to those of us who pay each week to have members who do not. I feel compassion for those of our fellowman who are "down on their luck" whether by their own actions or other reasons. However, I felt I needed to discuss this with management as it was affecting class members (who noticed he wasn't paying and let me know they knew--did I use the word stress?). Thankfully, management will handle this problem. No stress here, right?

I see that George Zimmerman has been charged with 2nd degree murder in the shooting of Trayvon Martin--an unarmed 17-year old who went to a convenience store to purchase a package of Skittles candy--and was such a harm to this man armed with a 9MM weapon that he deserved to be murdered.
Georgie claims innosence under Florida's Stand Your Ground Law, perpetuated by the NRA who wants every state to legalize vigilante justice. I don't know, especially in that white-redneck Florida (and I can say that with authority having lived there for many years!), whether he will be convicted. Or will it ever get to trial? I can't allow myself to get stressed over this, but that doesn't mean I don't care!

Interesting item on TV about those of us who find it impossible, more nights than not, to sleep through eight hours. Long studies have been conducted and the findings are troublesome. It seems that we who do not sleep well are more susceptable to diabetes and our metabalism drops to next to zero--and an average gain of 12 unwanted pounds of weight. On top of everything else going on today, that causes some stress.

Our HOA events: A shortfall in the budget due to the prior Board screwing up the budget this Board has to operate with. Possibility of continued legal movement against a resident by another resident.
Why would I be stressed when faced with assessments and Superior Court?

Did you know there are 78-81 Communists (Democrats, of course--ala, Sarah Palin's pick for VP this year), Obama has created a new religion called Secularism in the United States, and Newt is going to become the true Republican nominee in August? All these political lies, pointing of fingers, and thumping of chests REALLY stresses me out!

And, least I forget, the publisher of Aunt Lutie's Blue Moon Cafe is struggling with the formatting of the transmitted manuscript.

Did I mention stress?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home