Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

LATE SUMMER--AUNT LUTIE WILL BE COOKIN'

My editor, Regina (Gina) Williams, is filled with encouragement and enthusiasm. She gave me such a boost when she said she couldn't put Aunt Lutie down and had to get some sleep. (I noted she emailed at 12:54 in the morning.) Then she did something so unheard of, so honest, that I am stunned. She said she felt the book was so good it would probably be picked up by a New York agent, her agent.

I didn't hesitate a moment. I picked up the phone this morning and called her. I assured her that I did not want her to submit this to a New York agent. I have been down that road and you look at a lot of heart-burn, heartache, and disappointment. Words are so cheap--"Send the whole manuscript" is so easy to say. Keeping it for six months is easy, too. And mailing out that form rejection, no comment, no hint of help, must be the easiest of all. So no, I don't want this book, especially if it is as good as my editor thinks, to go to another publisher.

I hope this book does sell like we both want it to. I hope Mockingbird Lane Press makes real money off this book. They want to build a good reputation for the quality of their books and I want them to do just that for all the authors they choose to publish. I know the attention they have already given my book is a good indication of how they will treat all writers. If you want a caring publisher/editor, check them out.

And, yes, I am promoting my publisher. And, no, I don't own any stock in this company!

www.mockingbirdlanepress.com

"Aunt Lutie's Blue Moon Cafe" will be out in late summer. You will hear me tooting my horn loudly about this book when the time comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home