Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

ACCEPTION!

I received a call from the editor/publisher today and---

She accepted "Aunt Lutie's Blue Moon Cafe" for publication. HOORAH! Percistance does pay off; I have been working on this book, off and on, of course, for four years or more. It has been through numerous rewrites and several critiques--even a rather funny one with some dear friends. Like so many people not familiar with the culture, they just don't get "Southern fiction," "Southern weird," or any of the language we people down there speak.

Bless their hearts! (That can mean I really care, or it can mean you're to be pitied, Honey.) I dearly love them but am glad I kept on plugging along.

And what could be better than a Southern gal for an editor/publisher--someone who will understand every word.

Now, off to those edits/rewrites/tightening up.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home