Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

NEED FOR A DOSE OF COURAGE

"Often the test of courage is to live. Anyone can die."  (Vittorio Alfieri)

After my blogging about stress on Wednesday, I'm feeling a bit apologetic tonight.

Yes, I do get stressed--as do all of you from time to time. I take some things--injustice, budgets, and political lies--too seriously. And a lot of this pressure I bring on myself because I can't seem to merely shrug it off and get on with my life. My husband tries to remind me that at times no one else is worrying about the same thing that's keeping me awake, or cares a fig about the future--that I am too old to carry the burdens of the world, government, or people on my shoulder.

So, as the quote says, maybe I need a little dose of courage--to live a worry-stress-free life, to enjoy each day for what it offers, to love life, to appreciate my husband and family to the fullest, and to live what I have left of life to the very fullest--thanking God each day for the many blessings He has bestowed on me, including the ability to laugh, love, and be happy.

So today and every day hereafter, I'm praying for serenity and for acceptance of the give-and-take of a truly blessed life. I'm not sure He will grant me such requests or will allow me to stew in my own worrisome juices. But I'm looking forward to seriously attempting to live courageously and seek out each beautiful touch of the world around me--even on a rainy Saturday in California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home