Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Monday, June 28, 2010

The Knees Have It

I had such good intentions of keeping up this blog in a more timely manner. And then I tangled with the "root feet" of a tree pushing up a sidewalk and suffered a knee injury (no broken bones, thank goodness)and have been flat on my back, knee elevated above my heart and ice packed for three days. The massive bruising and swelling are still apparent but not as large as at first; today I managed to walk with a cane but soon hit the ice packs once again. And,if you have ever attempted to work on a laptop while flat on your back, it doesn't happen.

I have caught up on a lot of reading though, and now know every flaw in the ceiling and walls of my bedroom. I'm always a bit behind in reading new books but have just finished Tami Hogg's "Deeper Than the Dead." She starts this book with children finding a half-buried female body, and goes from scary to terrified in a few pages. I've read about a book a day and already passed them on. It's been good to find this time, though I'd rather have done this reading for a different reason.

Tomorrow I will tell you about a new author I found who will knock your socks off.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home