Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

VACATIONS CAN PROMOTE IDEAS

It has been too long since I blogged but I have an excuse. I have been working long hours editing, rewriting, and proofing a manuscript for my next book, Pink Poodle Pie (and Other Tales of Women Getting Even). It will be out sometime in the early fall. Of course, I will remind all of you when the release date is decided.

I took two weeks off (yes, my editor knows where I am and what I'm doing-lol), to fly to Florida for our youngest granddaughter's wedding on July 4. Shannon Hall married Richard Hughes on our most patriotic day. Grandma helped decorate, shop, plan some last minutes fun things, and was so proud of the lovely bride (and her choice of husband). Very proud of the job my daughter and son-in-law have done in bringing up three wonderful adults also. It has been a super time with my three great-grandsons too.

And I have gleaned some ideas from the whole process. Weddings and parties and all those characters that show up offer great material. The lush green of Florida, the aligator-clogged ponds, the hardworking, beer-drinking, pickup-truck driving, Crackers or Rebels, or Rednecks of FLorida, and the Cuban influence all make fodder for future stories.

As I have said before, never forget that little notebook when you venture from home. I have been scribbling notes in between events, while sitting on the patio (covered, of course), while listening to the squeals of my great-grandsons in the pool, or feeding ducks in the pond in back of the yard. I may not use the notes any time soon but I have them down.

Happy Writing. See you soon.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home