Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

IN EDITORIAL EVALUATION

My latest book is in editorial evaluation (editing?) as we speak and I guess it is time that I get busy with a new blog to promote it. I wonder how to go about this, however. How much can I say about a book that hasn't been published yet? Even then, how much do I want to give away to readers in order to encourage them to purchase the book?

Maybe I can tell them how the stories in the collection were written--when, what motiviation, where the ideas came from.

Taking each story and offering a glimpse at what the topic is might make short entries into a blog.

Since I enjoy sharing what knowledge of writing I do have, maybe I could offer tips on writing short stories, editing, rewriting.

And, mainly, maybe I need to write on the topic of marketing and promotion since that is what I will be doing from now until--well, who knows, how long I will promote this book. "The Quilt Maker" was published in 2005; I'm still promoting and still selling it. "Growing up Barefoot in the South" is a newbie out in 2007, and I still offer readings from it every chance I am given.

I just noted that I published books two years a part. I'd like to do better than that from now on so I will have even more books to market.

Anyone want to offer me some tips on the new blog and/or marketing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home