Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Friday, April 17, 2009

MIRRORED IMAGES

I need to apologize to a dear writer friend, Rosanne Catalano, publisher of "Cat's Meow for Writers & Readers Ezine (www.rosannecatalano.net). If you don't receive this newsletter, you must sign up. It not only offers much needed publishing news and contest information, outstanding fiction, poetry and essays/articles, but it also brings writers the comfort of feeling we are a part of a caring, creative family.

That, however, is not why I owe Rosanne an apology. Some time ago I purchased a copy of her book, "Mirrored Images". This short collection of short stories (you will have to try real hard to decide which are fact or fiction), articles and poetry, both touched my heart and made me smile. I am here to tell you, Rosanne, and my readers, that I am sorry I haven't reviewed this book before. It's a great read!

It touched me because of the love shown for parents, God, and husband. It touched me because I was the kid with glasses who was bullied and picked on and I could feel Rosanne's pain when it happened to her. It touched me because I have lost my parents and her tribute to her father, and mother, brought back all of the good times and love I had with/for my own parents. It touched me because Rosanne, as I feel so many of us are but never put it into words so elequntly, are survivors.

I believe we all have guardian angels and "Mirrored Images" proves it to all who will listen. No one but angels could have saved her from bullies in junior high school, have looked over her until she found the perfect mate, and still guide her to this day in her writing craft. These are stories we should not only want to read, enjoy reading, but they are stories we all need to hear.

I get a glimpse of the love and courage that Rosanne shows, and shares, in her newsletter--and our most welcome online correspondance. She is writing a continuation of her life stories titled "Skeletons from the Past." I can't wait to read that. But first, my readers, you must read "Mirrored Images."

"Mirrored Images" may be purchased at Rosanne's website (www.rosannecatalano.net) or at Lulu Press (www.lulu.com). It is availabe in both e-book and paperback form.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home