Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Friday, March 02, 2007

"IT'S ALL THE OTHER GUYS FAULT"

I couldn't get into my account here last night. For weeks since my last post, I have run across the same problem. This is not Blogger.com or Google's problem. This is an AOL problem and we have been doing battle for three months now. In fact, they even blocked me from getting into the HELP section of their very own site!

I started with their Questions and Answers section. Did everything they said I should. Then I went to the Live Help; three times I followed their guidelines, step by step. I copied them off and tried them on my own after I continued to have problems. I notified some of the e-mailers about the problem I was having and asked if they could send me their newsletter or email several times, just to check. I never received them.

I finally picked up the telephone and called AOL. First of all, I have Dial-Up (yeah, I know, I need to get into the 21st century); so, of course, the lady from India on the other end of the line asked me to bring up my account. When I finally got it through that I can't do that with Dial-up if I am talking to them, she informed me there was little they could do for me, that I should really look into their High-Speed service. I told her AOL shouldn't take my money for a service they couldn't "service." That's when the woman told me I needed to talk to someone else. LOL

I was sent to another department who told me I was in the wrong place and it sounded like I needed to speak with the "PostMaster." That gentleman told me he wasn't the person to speak with at all, that I should be talking to Tech Support--which is where I started to begin with! When I protested, he finally gave me the real reason I can't receive my emails.

AOL tells me it is the "other guy's fault." Well, there sure are a lot of other guys who have a problem: let's see there are several writing newsletters I no longer receive (two of which I pay for), several friends and my own brothers. Now, my brother is an experienced, high-ranking IBM technical guru; when I told him AOL says it is all the fault of the people I have on my address list (by the way, they tell me over and over to put them on my Address List and I will have no problem but they have always been on there!), he did some digging, tracing, following. Guess what? It's AOL's fault! Did you have any doubts? They are deciding for us what we should or should not receive.

I need to find a new server. I need to learn how to transfer my Address Book and this blog's address and all of those scary things I don't want to have to face. Until then, I am lost in cyberspace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home