Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, SWEETHEART

PAPER HEARTS


An envelope of hearts
made out of paper
mean the world to me.
They bring back memories
of a Valentine's Day
when we were poor as anyone
could be.

Hearts drawn on ruled paper
colored with crayon, red so deep,
A scattering of words on each one
proclamations of love, vows to keep.

On that special Valentine's Day
I found them scattered all over the room.
A shower of your loving ways
more precious than dozens of roses in bloom.

Money can now purchase those lacy tributes
with flowery verse, sold on racks each year.
But none mean as much to me as those paper hearts
You made for me long ago, my sweet dear.

(c)2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home