Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Monday, June 13, 2011

NOT REIMBURSED

Sometime ago I read an article stating that the FTC stated every blog writer must now make a statement when writing reviews or making recommendations for books or products. We must let readers know whether or not we have received any kind of compensation for praising the writers we read. Sounds very inept (or should I just say stupid and get it over with?) to me. But here goes.

To all of my readers who have heard me praise the following readers or their work--I, do not personally know these authors, their agents, promoters, or book distributors. I purchase the books or magazines with their work in them with my own money--and have not been paid to write a good (or bad) work about them or their work.

The following writers have been discussed in my blog:

Natalie Goldberg, Charles Martin, James Lee Burke, James Patterson, Kenneth Koch, Lisa Jackson, Robyn Carr, Zane Gray, Charlotte Harris, Jane Eyre... Oops, she didn't write a book, did she?

This could take forever, folks, and I think it is so ridiculous I refuse to be a party to such time consuming affairs. So sue me!

Sue me for what? I didn't get compensated, remember?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

This is the kind of stupid crap that makes me wonder about the people we elect to office. Good grief. I suppose it would be okay if you panned their books, so are we only supposed to give negative reviews? But then maybe their competitors would be paying you?

Do they really think we wield that much influence on the buying public? LOL Oh, yeah! We wish!

And does that mean you can't plug your own books or your friends' books? Or only if you say how long you've known them?

6:12 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Isn't this absolutely crazy. No wonder we can't balance a budget or agree on taxes or funding anything.

ops, I have been forgetting to make my statement when I write in this blog. But then the Southern writer has got under my skin and I don't think anyone would feel I had been paid to talk about her. LOL

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home