Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Monday, February 14, 2011

WRITER CRITIQUE SITE

I continued to read the ads for this writer site in all the major writing magazines. I thought I would take a look at it, see what it was all about, maybe even post some of my writing and see what kind of feedback I received. That may have been a mistake.

There are interesting genres--short stories, books, poetry of all kinds, and I spent hours sampling them all. I read and commented, added what I thought was great about the work and, if noted, gave suggestions for editing the work.

I submitted the first, then the second, chapter of my novella, "Trusting Strangers" and had some good critiques. Several really good writers/readers picked up on a couple of goofs and made a suggestion or two. I appreciate it and learn from each one who does that.

The mistake is that I could very easily get hooked on this writing/commenting/submitting thing and never get any other writing done. So, readers, will you keep me in your thoughts, try to remind me that obsessions aren't allowed for women who have much too much on their plate already? Help me stay on this writing path and be serious about it. There is no time to allow a critique site to become too much fun. I must show restraint.

I guess I could not sign on, couldn't I?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home