Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Satchel Paige

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" (Satchel Paige)

I agree with Satchel. The number of candles on my cake don't bother me. I feel I am too active, involved in my community, volunteering in several teaching-writing classes, contract teaching, traveling all over the world,gardening, and enjoying my home life, to get bored, stagnent, or old.

I don't want to dwell on how many years I have left. I enjoy looking back sometimes--acknowledging all the fun and great things I have done, been involved in, seen. I never look at the negatives as that would just be depressing--and there's not a darned thing I can do to rectify my past mistakes.

I don't like the wrinkles or the sagging chin or the other changes in my body. But I certainly am not about to go under the knife to look young again. Besides, I'm often told I have a great smile that I bestow on everyone--so I tell everyone these are smile and laughter lines.

I agree with Satchel Paige and I have planned to disgregard the date on my driver's license or passport. I'm going to fill each day with life and joy. And I'm going to dance right up to the Pearly Gates.

So, how old are you?
***

Prompt: Junk Jewelry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home