Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Monday, October 11, 2010

ALASKA CALLED/MUSE NOT SO HAPPY

We've been to Alaska--for the third time. But this trip we took the train to Denali. It was the most wonderful trip we have ever had. If you want a wonderful sea/land trip, log on to HollandAmerica.com and check them out. Is this a promotion--yes, it is. I don't make a dime out of it but I want everyone to have as wonderful a time as we had. Wait until next May or June though--Denali Park is closed for the winter. LOL

Since I've returned, I've managed to write some poetry--had three accepted for a new anthology so guess I didn't leave my muse behind--two of them were written while on our trip.

But I've been moping around since I returned when it comes to my writing. I don't feel I have true writer's block as I am still writing, but I am having a serious problem with focusing on something concrete, something written well enough to consider submitting. I manage to submit poetry, a children's picture book, but want to do more. (Overachiever, huh?)My head is filled with all these neat ideas and I can't settle on which one I want to write about.

So I've decided to take a clue from the creative writing classes I teach. Each week I offer them a prompt to write from--in case they can't focus and create ideas of their very own, or aren't involved in an on-going work-in-progress. For the next few times I appear here, I'm going to use a prompt to write from--a beginning line, a quote, dialogue, a topic, whatever.

Want to write along with me? I'll offer the next prompt at the end of each blog.

Tomorrow's prompt: Quote: No man is an island...

See you tomorrow, fans.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home