Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

PRAYERS, PLEASE

These past few posts have been about my friends and family of writers. As you have seen, I am very fortunate to have these people in my life. One of my family is in need of our prayers.

My sweet friend, supurb poet, great leader of the Escondido group for seventeen years, Sylvia, has been diagnosed with colon cancer. Her family (both blood relatives and her writer family) is in shock; Slyvia's daughter, Jennifer, recently lost her battle with cancer and the family has not recovered from that loss. Now, they are facing the fear again.

Sylvia and I talked for an hour tonight. We spoke of survivors of colon cancer we both know, and I promised her I would keep her in my prayers for a quick surgery and a great outcome. I am asking my readers to place her on your prayer list, or to at least think good thoughts for her, as she faces decisions to be made this week. I will keep you posted as I learn more.

Thank you, dear readers, and writer friends.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home