Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

NEVER TOO BUSY TO WRITE

This has been one of those crazy weeks where life took over and threatened my sanity. I teach writing classes; right now there is only one each week and another twice a month. In September I will add another weekly class and hope to be able to do all of them justice. But the other stuff--volunteering, being wife/cook/housekeeper, preparing for a children's ministry storytime for church today, and offering a shoulder for my neighbor to lean on as her husband slides downward in the nursing home he has been in for three years, has swallowed up my week.

But today when I looked back on this week, I was amazed at how much writing I did. I actually sent off tweleve poems, two short stories, two articles and the first chapter of a novel in progress for consideration for either publication or contests. I rewrote a lecture I gave on marketing last year to present to my creative writing class on Monday. And I made notes on articles I want to write to send out--it's February you know in the cycle of articles to submit or send queries out on.

Then my lovely friend, Patricia, blew me away. She called yesterday and we had a long chat about our lives and the setup of a web site for yours truly. She asked questions and I answered and felt I needed to do so much more for her to do her magic creating my very first web site.

I am estatic! I am flying off the ground. I am elated. I am shocked! Tonight I opened an email from her to discover the most beautiful layout for my web site already done.

Patricia knows my soul. We have spoken often via emails. We have read each others books, asked each other for prayers for difficulties, submitted material for each others newsletters and supported each other in as many ways as possible. And we have never met each other face to face. It is such a warm, comfortable feeling to have Patricia as my friend.

Check out what she has to offer the world (and you) at http://lifeartz.com/index.html.

Next week is going to be just as busy but I already have a schedule for what I am going to work on in the writing field. I never want the other things in my life to wipe out my love for writing.
****

Find the time to write each day, even if it is only one line in your journal. You do have a journal, don't you? If not, go to a cheapo store and purchase a thin journal, write a few lines whenever you feel compelled to write something, or set up a journal on your computer. Make notes of characters you've seen, scenes for a story or book, conversations you've overheard--anything that will capture the creative side of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home