Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

IT WAS NO VACATION OR, I AM NOT DEAD!

To all of you who have ever made a major move, shut down their entire computer system, got a new server, and then attempted to settle down, unpack, create a garden, continue to work (in my case, teach creative writing classes), you will understand why I have not addressed this blog for months and months and months. It is no vacation to do all of this stuff. And I do not like to take vacations away from my writing.

I did not die, though sometimes at night when my exhausted body staggered to bed, I thought I might never wake up again. I wanted the peace and stamina back in order to hit the keyboard again but I had a problem--My darling hubby wanted my help in every project around this place! Well, now there is only the backyard and a sidewalk to complete; they have to be done on nice days (no California days are not always perfect!) and his love for billiards (pool) has carried him away from the chores several days per week. Yes! Writing time is once again available.

Now, if I can get one of these technically created problems solved! My computer guru came over and installed a wireless router for me so I might take my laptop writing/emailing/research out on the patio or front porch. What a great idea, huh? The only thing is, he had to call the tech in India to get all the kinks out of the installation (my rinky-dink cable company could be one of the major problems with that one). Well, it works for the Internet but....now I can't print from either my laptop or my main computer Internet. And my main printer now shows up as some version of this HP I do not have; I changed the default and Word will work but the Internet still won't. But when I shut down the computer or laptop, the default goes back to this "ghost" printer and when I turn it back on, I have to reset again.

All I want to do is sit down at the darned things, type my stuff, print them off when necessary, and use the Internet. Just another frustration to mess with my writing mind!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home