Name:
Location: San Marcos, California, United States

Southern gal living in California. Have been writing since the age of ten and am addicted to the written word. Have stacks of books-to-be-read in almost every room. I teach writing on a volunteer basis and in a paid position. I once worked with foreign customers for an aerospace company; interesting job that gave me great insight into other cultures. Family scattered all over the US so have excuses to travel.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

BARB'S WRITE TREE

This blog is being created by a writer with a Southern voice who wants to share writing tips, pieces of her creations, a bit of her life, books read, news that touch her heart and the joy she feels that God and his angels hover over her shoulder each step down the path of life.

I have been lurking around blogs for months and months but have not seen any that were from beginners. So I have no idea how you all began. Maybe by introducing yourself? I'm Barb, Babs, Barbara, BJ--depending on our relationship. I was born in Texas, lived in the South half of my life, have been displaced in California more years than I want to talk about. I have been writing since the age of ten when I climbed into the top of a mulberry tree with pencil and Red Chief Tablet in order to hide from chores. I don't climb trees anymore but am still writing.

What do I write? Fiction mostly now but I have been published and paid for more nonfiction than anything. I dabble in poetry, have had a few efforts published and have recently had a book of memoirs published. I am currently working on a second collection of "quilt" short stories (which I will discuss later), a romantic suspense novel, and am doing reserch on a book on writing hooks.

You might learn more than you care to know about me, will surely meet my husband, Ray and, hopefully, you'll learn a little from the writing experiences I will share with you. Each blog entry will end with both a tip and a prompt.

I hope you will check in once in awhile and carry something away that will assist you in your quest to write.

TIP: Follow the suggestion of famous writer/lecturer, Julia Cameron, and write every day. She calls her "Morning Papers" as a prompt that gets her going. My "Night Papers" work the same way.

PROMPT: Cut a picture out of a magazine or newspaper. Write the story you see there (not the news given--a story you believe is there).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home